January 8, 2015

Creative Crush: Mathilde Aubier

Though this blog exists primarily to document my foray into a year of thrifting, I'm first and foremost a creative person and I don't want to remove that side of me from this space. So I figured I'd share my favourite creative finds now and then! Art, illustration, design, music, whatever it is, sharing my current creative crushes might be fun and a good way to spread some love for today's creatives.


I can't remember how I came across Mathilde Aubier's work, but I've had her site in my bookmarks for a while now! Aubier is based in France and does a whole array of design and illustration.

I really love her way of collaging - this really fun combination of images, textures, drawn elements, patterns, etc. and I totally dig it. There's something super whimsy about her works and her colours are really subtle and pleasing to the eye!


I've been pretty interested in collage lately, there's something really quirky and unexpected about it - both in looking at collage and in actually doing it!

Check out more of Aubier's work HERE!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting work. Not sure if it's my style, but I can def. appreciate it. Especially the use of color, shapes, and layers. Have you ever checked out the site I Need a Guide? It showcases different artists and their work every day. I've been introduced to a lot of cool people from that site!

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a cool site! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing creatives that I've never heard of! This style reminds me a lot of one of my design courses in college, we did a lot of explorative work in digital collages like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete