February 7, 2015

Year Of Thrift Update: First Month


I'm a little bit late in posting this, let's call it my first month and a week of my thrifty year, ha!

I don't have all that much to report on this. So far so good - I bought a sweater and a shirt from Value Village with incredible patterns, but that's been it this past month in terms of clothing.

I did come up with a new 'exception' for my list: art supplies! I know that, as art students, we don't have to spend (much) money on textbooks, but oh the art supplies. Expensive, necessary, and admittedly so sooo fun! Whenever I walk into an art supply shop I feel giddy like a little kid in a toy store! Those walls full of every colour of paint and all the variety in paint brushes. Ah it is one of my favourite things. And it is something that can't really be bought secondhand.

I have been wondering however, if there are some better, more sustainable art practices that I can adopt: what palette works best, one that isn't disposable? How do I better take care of my paintbrushes to make them last longer? Etc. Etc. Etc. and I think I'm going to begin looking into it!

Anyway, just a little update! Glad that my challenge is going well so far. :)
How has your new year been so far? Any successes in your resolutions or plans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment