June 30, 2015

Creative Crush: Kent Williams

Kent Williams is a contemporary painter in LA. I'm a big fan of his raw, colourful, collage-like paintings and the way he paints the human figure. Take a look at what I mean!

He has some beautiful drawings/mixed media work on his portfolio site, that I also really enjoy. The following are part of his Lord of The Flies series.

Williams' work really has me wanting to ditch all the work I have to do and PAINT! I won't, of course, but there's something inspiring about work like this. Maybe something to do with being able to see the strokes and see the honest pencil lines and wonder what kind of marks my hands could make.

Check out Kent Williams' portfolio site for more!

What creatives have you been crushing on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment