January 6, 2016

2016 Mantras & Goals

I have developed a habit of choosing a new years "mantra" instead of new years resolutions. It has proven to be better for me - to have a repeatable phrase that guides me in the direction I feel I need to go.  The last two years, my mantra has been to "Have Courage". It was one of the best mantras I could have chosen at the time and I feel I am a better version of me for it.

My personal mantra for 2016 is "Let Go"

For me, letting go means not allowing events, experiences, and emotions of the past to interfere with today. I am not a victim of my past. I will not use the past as an excuse for my current emotions and I will not let it shape my present-day decisions. I will not forget - because remembering is important, but I will let go.

Alongside this mantra, I do have specific goals for 2016 too.

My goal for this blog is to be flexible.
To let the space be what it is, and to become what it will be. 

I've been feeling pressure to make this space a particular way, to organize it in a way that will lead to "success". There's nothing wrong with structuring a blog to be that way and to aspire for your blog to be that way, but I have found it stifling for me. There is value in an editorial calendar and an e-mail news letter and e-courses and planning ahead - of course! I'm just going to go at my own pace and see what works for me and this blog.

My goal for my art work is to put myself out there and simply, make it happen!

It is really challenging to get your work out there without a fair amount of time and money investments and that can really put a damper in the process. But I'm going to dive in and take the risks I need to make it happen. So stay tuned ;) !



What are your goals for 2016?
Have you posted a 2016 goals list? Share your link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment