May 22, 2016

Window Shopping || 17

(Silkscreen Lobster Halter top: Hanmattan | Handmade Oxford Flats: Imelda Shoes | Cropped Wide-Legged Pants: Persephone Vintage)

I am in a serious window-shopping mood lately (and on occasion, real shopping!). It's partly due to all the summer styles emerging, and partly due to having finished a big mural job and having a little bit of spending money to use. I've also come to some realizations about my style, which often happens to me at the junction of seasons. 

My collection of "summer pants" are patterned, wide-legged, flowy, mostly loose fitting garments. I don't love wearing shorts and I don't love dresses and skirts. These flowy summer pants are something I've discovered in the last few years and developed a nice collection of. That being said - I also tend to buy patterned flowy tops. I'm all about the patterns. But these two sets of garment types don't really go together, so I've decided to try and part with one set. That would be the tops - because my pants are truly my favourite. So I'm on the hunt for neutral, nice-fitting summer tops!

This Lobster Twin top is suuuuuper cool.  I recently watched The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos and it was an astounding and weird film. I loved it! And I've had lobsters on the mind ever since (not because there are actual lobsters in the film - it's all very avante garde and symbolic), so I love this pair of lobsters. There's a myth that lobsters mate for life, which is a romantic notion for sure. Apparently it is just a myth though, and that they actually just have spats of periodic monogamy after a female lobster has molten and hasn't fully formed their new shell. Fun fact of the day! You're welcome.

I really like the pairing of the sage green of these pants with the coral red of the lobster detail. And of course some beautiful, classy black shoes to round it off. I like to keep things simple for summer. Shirt, pants, shoes (and covert panties I guess). The necessities only.

What style or garment have you been coveting lately?

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment