September 24, 2016

Window Shopping || 18

Labyrinth Pendant: Mimosa | Embroidered Ankle Boot: Pastel Fox | Gingham Mini Dress: Loose Goods

It's officially FALL! I have mixed feelings about saying goodbye to an amazing summer and the warm sunshine on my skin, but I also really love the coziness of fall, and subsequently the fashion which I spoke a bit about in last year's "Year of Thrift Fall Update" post! I've been resisting the urge to shop at all, thrift or no thrift, trying to save my money as much as I can now that I'm not working as much. But my new apartment has several, fabulous looking thrift shops within walking distance.... uhm. SO dangerous, but I have yet to succumb to the urge. Check back with me in a month and we'll see if that's changed!

I've been admiring Mimosa's jewellery for maybe a few years now - and this labyrinth pendant is just 100% up my alley. Circles anyone !?(I love circles) It's also all about the small details for me these days; simple and unusual jewellery, little unique touches like the embroidery on these ankle boots, all to compliment a simpler "base" outfit. My wardrobe selection for school has proven to be "capsule" wardrobe style - few items, versatility, lots of neutrals and comfy favourites. It's been really nice to limit myself, I'm actually impressed by how little I miss my clothes back home. As such my jewellery collection has been important to me - though it is also minimal. I have about 3 necklaces, two rings, and 5 pairs of earrings with me.

Who would have ever thought I'd be little miss minimal with my fashion? Who are we kidding though... I'll probably dive headfirst back into my "at-home" wardrobe this weekend when I go back for work.... ha! But it's nice to know I can do it and not hate it.

What's on your fall wishlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment