April 25, 2015

It's Finally Here! (Grad Show!)

Hi friends!
Just popping in to share what I've been up to this week as there was radio silence on the blog (oops!). I've been setting up all week for my exciting graduation show coming up this week!

I volunteered to help build the actual display walls and I have a WHOLE new appreciation for manual labour. My fella does a lot of manual labour as a general contractor/builder of things and I have a whole new appreciation for what he does. It was a special experience to do some problem solving for building these things, and to do something with my hands and body; heavy lifting, gluing, measuring, drilling, cutting through thick-ass cardboard - woo! I called my fella to tell him of my new understanding for how tiring and exhausting (but fun!) his work can be!

I also had to set up my own personal work for the show! I kept my presentation simple so that the stories within my Spencer's Adventures series can speak for itself, and it is almost all up and ready to go as of today! I have a few things to add tomorrow, but then I'll be all done. It's wild that it's finally here; the accumulation of an entire year's worth of work.

 I'll be sure to share some photos of the final set up (and maybe some peeks at some of my peers' works?) in the coming week, and hopefully be back to some regular posting after my show!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment