July 8, 2015

Thrifty Outfit .o4



Sweater: Thrifted / Shorts: Thrifted / Shoes: Sperry Topsiders | Necklace: Handmade
Total Thrift Tally: 3/4! 


This outfit is made of things I sometimes do not have the courage to wear: loose shorts, and BRIGHT orange! I am so happy that pairing two of these garments together turned out to be the exact way to feel comfortable in them!

Check out these linen Wilfred shorts I thrifted a few weeks ago! Score! When I brought them home and tried to wear them though, I was really concerned they'd just look like a giant big-girl diaper... which is, no good. I think I was just wearing them with the wrong thing though, because I have flip flopped back to LOVING them. We have finally had some warm weather here, and they are so perfect for feeling comfortable in the heat! I'll totally settle for the occasional diaper-pant effect just for this comfort. Oh yea.

This orange creamsicle sweater was one of my favourite finds from a vintage market back when I was living in Paris. I've been stuck in a neutral loop though - and this sweater has been sitting on the sidelines while I embrace the blacks and whites and beiges of my wardrobe. Summer is the perfect inspiration to break out the bright pops of colour, though, and I'm diggin' the Sunny-D vibe it's giving me.

I call this funky necklace my "tumour necklace". It's strange, and bulbous, and bumpy, and weird. But I looove it. I bought it at a little handmade market and am so sad that I can't remember who made it, mostly because they didn't have a business card or website yet. It's a beautiful ceramic piece though, makes me want more ceramic jewellery! Any suggestions?

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment